
I'm back!
It's been a long week without internet or cable! Yes, I'm one of those unlucky souls living in Western WA where terrible windstorms felled powerlines, trees etc. Fortunately, I was only blacked out for a day. But our cable and internet were down for the whole week. Anyway, I shouldn't be complaining. We had heat and lights (and Christmas lights) when folks just a few miles away had none. Anyway, that explains my hiatus.
Other than the storms this past week, I continued to shop and prepare for the holidays. I received my Christmas cards from winkflash and have now sent out all but 2 or 3 cards as of today. (If I missed anyone, drop me a line! I have a few extras! I will also post a copy here.) I used mostly Jen Wilson Designs - paper, snowflakes - for this simple design. I love, love, love the photo - which wasn't intentionally a Christmas portrait, but I didn't like the Christmas dress photos as much as this one. The light is so gorgeous on her face!
We also finally bought and decorated a Christmas tree. It's a beauty! It's one of those fragrant varieties. It makes the whole house smell like citrus-y evergreen. Jamie's parents, who are visiting us for the week, helped us decorate. The tree has a little bit of this and a little bit of that - from stuffed animals to the paper chain I made for Sofi's party to some Basic Grey paper ornaments to glass balls tied with ribbon to a few ornaments Sofi made in class. I have to get some better photos, then will post.
In Sofi news, we took her to her 2nd year appointment. Sofi was very well-behaved and let the doctor do her business without a single cry! (Her shots (Hep A and flue) were postponed til a few hours later, when she did, in fact, cry.) Good news: she finally grew a few more inches and put on some weight, so I think our pediatrician will stop worrying so much about her! She weighs 22 lbs and 6 oz (3-5%), is 34 inches (50 %) and has a head circumference of 48.5 (75%). So she's basically a petite, skinny girl with an above-average size head. I'll take that!
Unfortunately, the doctor says she has a sinus infection - which explains why she has been throwing up in the middle of the night. Apparently, when she's asleep, the sinus fluid collects in the back of her throat. This can cause her to gag, cough and throw up. So she prescribed antibiotics to clear up the infection. Easy fix, right!? Nope. Sofi threw up the first dose we gave her. Disguising it in chocolate milk, jam and just plain chocolate sauce has not been working. She is not getting her medicine down! So we need to see the doctor again after 2 weeks to see if she's any better. She's still coughing and waking up in the middle of the night - this time without throwing up (thank God).
Another bit of health news, it appears Sofi has eczema. We noticed some red marks on her arms and mentioned it to the doctors. So we've cut down our daily baths to once or twice a week. And started slathering cream on her (which she loves).
So hopefully Sofi will getting better next week....and back on her old sleep schedule (i.e. 9-10 hours of uninterrupted slumber at night and 1-2 hours of naptime). These days, she get up twice during the night and sometimes misses a nap! Yikes!
2 comments:
Merry Christmas! Thanks for visiting my blog.
hopefully sofi is better now. abby was the same but good thing she doesn't get sick often*touch wood*. she hated meds and throw up each time we give her some, even knocked the entire bottle out of my hand and it flew all over the kitchen floor and walls!
abby has eczema since she was a baby but it is much better now and only in certain areas. she still has her daily bath or shower and we use QV wash and cream(not sure if you have it in the states), it's free from all the irritants in most soaps and for her more serious affected areas, we used a low dose topical steroid prescribed by the doctor.
merry christmas to you all and happy new year:)
Post a Comment