Thursday, December 07, 2006

Sofi is fast asleep in her crib and it's only 8:58!

YES!!!!!

With the time change, the trip to NY, the fever (and the return to co-sleeping for a few days), Sofi has been hard to put to bed the past few weeks.

So, instead of cheerfully kissing her, tucking her in and leaving the room with the light off and her still awake we have to tuck her in (after an on-average 1-hour of her stalling) and then hold her hand till she nods off.

But today was shorter than the usual 2 hour ordeal.

A few differences in the routine:
I started at 7:30 (earlier than the usual 8:00 kick-off).
I fed her apple chunks instead of her biscuit or cookie (to fatten her up).
I guess was a bit firmer with her because Jamie isn't here and I wanted to get out of there and get some me time. When he is here, I'm a little more lenient. Don't know why.

Anyway, the house is quiet and I'm about to eat a biscotti ice-cream bar thingy that I got at the market today. Ahhhhhhh......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh yes, been there before. it was painful waiting for the kid to sleep...lol.

hopefully tomorrow will be even better:)