

Christmas Recap (Part 5)
Christmas Day: Sofi starts her day with a bowl of ice-cream mixed with her dose of antibiotics. After much drama and failed attempts at getting her to take the original cherry-flavored amoxicillin (8ml 2 times a day), Jamie arranged through the doctor and the pharmacy to make a new batch of a different antibiotic (onnicef?) that Sofi seems to ENJOY, that is, if it is poured over a bowl of Moose Tracks ice-cream. Other than the new flavor (bubble gum), other key differences in the medicine include: white color (easier to disguise) and of course the higher concentration (only 3 ml ONCE a day is required). Also, the coldness of the ice-cream dulls the taste, Grandpa Jim pointed out. Now, Sofi REQUESTS her ice-cream ("i-cream?") in the morning. Who wouldn't!? But after the medicine is gone, we'll have the issue of weaning her off the stuff!
For breakfast, Jamie made crepes using his handy-dandy crepe maker. We're getting a lot of used out of that gadget! And Sofi loves "cwapes" plain - after it cools down a bit with some blowing by mommy.


After breakfast, we opened all our stocking stuffers. Sofi had the most of course....a multitude of hair clips, stickers, a Sandra Boynton board book, a snowman placemat, a Slinkie Jr. and Hello Kitty bubble necklace (leftover party favors from her birthday), and on and on. Sofi even usurped some gifts not intended for her, but very Sofi-friendly: Chococat pen and pencil and keychain (meant for me from Jamie) and an oinking pig key chain (meant for Ann from Jamie).

Before beginning the opening of the gifts under the tree, I took a quick shot outside. Again, the weather surprised us. It was a beautiful, clear, SUNNY day in Seattle.


And, I changed Sofi into her Christmas dress. Oooohhhh. Ahhhh! So beautiful! Her dress was a big hit with the family :)
Sofi received so many gifts this year - the highlights included: the Duplo Lego Thomas the Train Set, a giant bubble machine, a variety of books to add to her well-stocked library, a wooden animal croquet set and the Little People Playschool Set. And we didn't even open all her gifts in one sitting. She opened her last one on New Year's Eve.


Jamie and I got some great gifts too! I guess it pays to host Christmas because SIZE is not an issue in terms of hauling back our loot back home on a plane! Some of the bigger items included a brand-new HP computer from Jamie (with all the hard-drive space I could ever need!), a toaster oven from J's parents (to replace the one we've had for 6 years and that has been broken for 5 of those years) , and a slow cooker (from J's brother and sister-in-law). And I think I nailed Jamie's gift: a collector's edition Batmobile Lego Set. He thanked me for days afterwards.

The unfortunate thing about my new computer was that we had to send it in for repairs. It was crashing left and right and after several frustrating hours with tech support (in India), HP agreed to fix it for us. I should get it back later this week.
As for gifts we got for the rest of the family, many were photo-oriented: a Sofi calendar, an ornament with Sofi's photo, a framed photo of Sofi and Grandpa because who doesn't love the gift of Sofi?! And there was even a non-Sofi-photo gift. In 2003, we had all gone to Australia for Christmas. And so I finally put together a book (via Kodak Gallery) for Ann and Ted. (Now I realize I should have ordered one for Jamie's mom and dad as well as for ourselves!)


to be continued....(I have more photos, but I think this entry is getting too loaded...)
Credits:
Photo actions by Brenda
Photo masks by Erica Hernandez
All photos taken by me (except ones with me in it by Jamie)
4 comments:
She is just adorable!
Great photos!
Happy New Year!
Love love love looking at your photos and of cos - the ever adorable little sofi! :D She looks so gorgeous in her Xmas dress :D HAPPY NEW YEAR to you and yr family! :D
sofi must be a happy happy girl on christmas and i love her dress!!!
meds in ice-cream? it won't work for abby. she hates ice-cream. would you believe that?
happy new year!
Oh she is just a DOLL in that dress! Love the bubble picture...and enjoy that new computer of yours!! Whoohoo!
Post a Comment