Saturday, January 13, 2007


Wish Upon a Star

Learned a new digital technique through a chat with Jessica Sprague...how to use the polygonal lasso tool to make a trapezoid-shaped photo grouping.

During the chat, I had Sofi on my lap as Jamie blew bubbles so I didn't actually get to chat, per se, but I was able to follow along (after some trial and error) and complete the task. Finished up the layout after watching MI 3 on demand with Jamie.

Thanks, Jessica!

ETA: Check out my *new* banner! Very simple. The heart (Sweet Romance Kit) was designed by Heather Melzer for www.heatheranndesigns.com.

Credits: Everything: Jen Wilson Designs Except: Flourish, overlay by Michelle Coleman

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cathy,

I just discovered your site. All I can is, WOW. You are quite talented and your layouts are stunning.

We have many lots in common:
1) My name is Kathy;
2) My daughter is Sophie (6.5 y.o.);
3) Originally from Cali, but living in Dallas now;
4) Until I stumbled across your website, I thought my child was the most documented little person on the planet -- I can happily say you've got me beat (not that it's a competition or anything);
5) I LOVE photography, too!

Unlike you, I have not yet ventured into the world of scrapbooking -- I have thousands (yes, that's right!) sitting in a box and in iPhoto (once we went digital several years ago). I am intrigued and inspired by your layouts, and I think digital scrapbooking is the way for me to go. My husband is an art director, and we have all the creative programs on our Mac, so I have what I need to get started. My new goal for 2007 is to learn photoshop!

Thanks for the great links and info on your website! You are now bookmarked, and I look forward to your posts!

Anonymous said...

Ahh, that's really cute.

Cammeron said...

Very cool!! Love it :)

Carrie Nichols said...

Wow!! this is really cool! Great job. Isn't this a fun technique? Thanks for visiting my blog and I'm bookmarking yours so I don't miss you super layouts.