Friday, June 26, 2009

how things change/18 days old

I was organizing my scraproom today and came across Sofi's baby album. I forgot I had made this album - using a Brenda Walton/K & Co. album kit. Everything coordinated from the album to the papers to the alphas. I had quite a bit of journaling. And I seemed to have a page or two for just about every day of Sofi's life for the first couple of weeks.



How things have changed since then.
Actually the photos taken are pretty similar: photos taken at the hospital. In the Bjorn or baby sling. With the grandparents. Even the baby clothes and baby paraphernelia (blankets/toys/carriers) - since Zara has inherited all of Sofi's hand-me-downs.


But my style has definitely changed. For example, the first few pages I've done of Zara have all been digital. Using different style of digital kits.

I am working on my first paper layout using the new collection, English Garden, by Marks Paper Company. I should be finished by tomorrow hopefully. You know paper layouts always take me so much more time than digi layouts.


**************
It has been 5 days since we last weighed Zara, so we headed down to the Women's Center. She gained another 6 ounces! So we are definitely on track. I have stopped pumping. Jamie only gives her a bottle when I want to skip the midnight feeding. And she's still gaining weight like there's no tomorrow.

So I'm getting at least 5-6 hours of uninterupted sleep. I go into Sofi's room and sleep there. Sofi loves the extra Mommy time and I love the quiet. And her queen-sized bed :)

**************
So what did I do with all my energy? I made a little progress in cleaning my scrapbook room. Vacuuming the rug and starting to pick through my stash to give to friend. That's when I came across Sofi's scrapbook....

I also tackled a task I've been putting off forever. Cleaning the fridge. I got through two shelves and one veggie bin. Go me.

No comments: