Saturday, July 04, 2009

Happy 4th!

What did we do for the fourth?

We went to downtown Bellevue for the family fair. Food, $1 games. One lost balloon. Sofi handled it well. Got new balloon. We didn't stay for the fireworks. Instead we cooled off at the mall. One Javakula blended and one chocolate milk. Almost lost second balloon. Retrieved. One traumatic elevator ride. (I got off, but Sofi didn't.) While Sofi was recovering from her first solo ride, balloon popped. For no good reason. One good cry. Zara slept through it all until the ride home. One hungry baby. Early bedtime for all.


7/4/09: As Jamie was taking a photo of me and Zara, Uncle Sam inserted himself into the frame. I should totally scrap this photo. Too funny. BTW, Sofi was a little (a lot) taken aback by his sudden appearance. She cleared out of there and refused to be in the photo.

Before all the adventure, I got some shots of Ms. Z. at home.

7/4/09: Love the little smile.

7/4/09: Took this one after we got back. Propped her up on a boppy and draped a white towel over it - This helped to reflect some light onto her face. I finally got some decent catchlights! The gingham dress is one of Sofi's hand-me-downs. Here's a photo of her I dug up.

9/10/05: Taken at Mom's house on Long Island, NY

***********
Yesterday we had some friends over for dinner. Actually they made dinner FOR us. Yummy lasagna, salad and garlic bread. The perks of having a newborn. People feed you! :) The meadow served as a a beautiful backdrop for photos after dinner.


7/3/09: Sofi modeling our lovely meadow.

7/3/09: Jump!

7/3/09: Also got a photo of the girls playing Schizoid - the game their dads made!


Tomorrow, I plan to stay in and clean up the house. My dad will be in town for a few days! And my sister and her family are coming back for a visit. :) This will be the first time my dad will see Zara and my 10-month old niece Isabelle. I better clear off my memory card. I forsee lots of photo ops. Especially in that meadow!

4 comments:

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

Your girls are so beautiful! Sounds like a fun day!

McMGrad89 said...

That first picture of Zara is incredibly sweet. You have quite a little model in the future. Sounds like quite an eventful weekend. Ours was busy, but not that trying. Enjoy your time with your dad.

Diane Dolan said...

Sounds like a typical day in the life of a mother. LOL Love the photos, Cathy. Keep em coming.

Diane

Deana said...

Adorable photos... :-)