Sunday, December 31, 2006


Christmas Recap (Part 4); HAPPY 2007!

{The new year has just begun, but I'm still blogging about Christmas! Jamie and I just watched the fireworks display at the Space Needle from the safe distance of our front porch. Meanwhile, Sofi is sound asleep. And now back to our regularly scheduled programming....}

Christmas Eve: A brand-new tradition is born. Making a house out of graham crackers, icing, sprinkles and marshmallows. Building various snow creatures (as well as a matching patio table) out of marshmallows. Seemed like a crafty thing to do that Sofi would like. I just didn't predict how much Jamie would be into it. He created a sturdy, stable house with a hand-decorated wreath and baby marshmallow chimney. (Note: He took over after rejecting my shoddy construction of the initial 4 walls and floor, LOL).

A dog, a snowman, a robot, a worm - we created them with big and small marshmallows, and toothpicks left over from our birthday party/chocolate fountain ...Grandma Dianne and Aunt Ann also made a few marshmallow creatures...Speaking of Dianne and Ann, Sofi is definitely warming up to Jamie's family more and more each time she sees them. The last photo shows Ann entertaining Sofi with a cat puppet.

And on that note....I wish all my blog readers a happy and healthy new year filled with lots of scrapping (or other creative pursuits!) And tomorrow I'll wrap up and blog about Christmas Day....



Digital frames: Jessica Sprague

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

great pics and i LOVE the graham crackers house:)

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!!

Didi said...

TOOO sweet!! Love that your hubby is into it too! Happy New Year!!!