
Christmas Recap (Part 5.2)
Christmas Day (continued): When we thought the bubbler might soak the carpet, we moved it outside so Sofi could watch from the window. If you look closely at this shot you can see the bubbles outside, the Seattle skyline reflected in the window as well as Sofi enraptured with the bubbles and the Christmas lights of the tree.
Sofi loved her new Thomas the Train Lego Set! Along with the extra straight tracks, we were able to make a decent loop. And although it wasn't motorized, Jamie was able to add a motor from his Robotic lego set a few days after Christmas. I love this photo of Sofi dressed in her ultra-elegant dress getting down on the ground with her Thomas the Train! So cute.

Sofi also loved her new Paz books by Mary Murphy, including this one ("If) being read by Grandma. I've ordered a few more to add to her collection.

And here's a candid of Sofi giving some loving to Zoe (poor Zoe!),

And now for some food pics! For the first time I can recall (other than the Christmas spent in Australia) we did NOT have a roast turkey for Christmas dinner. We had a mouth-watering, juicy prime rib roast with Yorkshire pudding (popovers) and a vegetable medley. It was soooooooo good! And for the most part, the men did all the cooking! Jamie prepared the roast, Jamie's dad made the popovers and Ted made the vegetables. Too bad I didn't get a shot of a plate of everything, but this is what our table looked like and Jamie carving the meat...




And how did we end the meal?
Pumpkin cheesecake and ice-cream and bubbles.
After Sofi spilled her milk, I stripped her down to her diapers. And we took turns blowing bubbles for Sofi...
And so ends our Christmas story for 2006 (at least that's where my photos end.)
And now, as a reward for you (and getting this far), I'm going to give a small RAK to the first person who can tell me what I got Jamie for Christmas! Hint: The answer is in one of my Christmas recap entries. Just comment with your name and e-mail (and for fun, you can share what was your best present this year)!
6 comments:
Happy New Year! You got Jaime a Batmobile lego kit!
My favorite gifts this year would be my Cricut and my DVD recorder!
You got Jamie a collector's edition Batmobile Lego Set!
My favorite gift this year was a Carl rotary paper trimmer.
Megan- mpstory (at) gmail (dot) com
Been loving your recap, i got some digi actions, well i still have to download them......lol........but am sure they are gunna be my favourite, i was glad just to be home, your christmas so much more fun than ours was, keep writing and i love that you got Jamie, acollector's edition Batmobile Lego Set, as he obviously did :-)
Collector's Edition of Batmobile lego set.
You should really go to Legoland...you would all love it.
Sofi is such a cutie! Great pics!
I LOVE having the men do the cooking...that is a tradition I could get used to! Looks like yours did VERy well! Hope your hubby enjoys his batmobile....I am sure he will!
Post a Comment