Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Two Peas in A Bucket digi pages

I'm getting in the groove with the pages I'm creating for Two Peas digital creative team. So many fun kits to work with every week! I'm a little behind in posting my pages here on my blog but here are my pages for the last two weeks. And I have more coming before the month is up.

For each page, I will link to the page at Two Peas if you'd like to comment there (always appreciated :) or want direct links to the digital kits.

why i adore you: I love Shimelle Laine's Write it Down :: Top Ten Lists, available at Two Peas in a Bucket. They are an easy way to add journaling to any page and look great on the page. I re-colored mine - in two colors that matched my patterned paper. I also used Jen Martakis' February kit - also available at Two Peas in a Bucket. Fonts: Two Peas Stop Sign and AL Flighty and CK Circles and Swirls.

just another monday (one of my fave pages EVER): Loving Jen Martakis' new FEBRUARY kit available at Two Peas in A Bucket. Who can resist those doodled heart paper! I had to showcase it on this page about my DD. Her yellow shirt was perfect for this colorway in the kit! Everything from Jen's Kit. Other: Two Peas font - Stop Sign journaling: Sometimes Mondays can be tough for Sofi because Jamie goes back to work. Today, we sat on the bed and read books and took photos. Fun times.1/26/10

baby zara @ 7 months: I love Michelle Underwood's soft and vintage and pretty kit, Sunday Kind of Love - available at Two Peas in a Bucket. What's not to love? Butterflies, birdcages, vintage frames? It was perfect for a baby page of my 7-months old. I also used Jen Martakis' Journal Bundle- available at Two Peas - to journal in a circle around the white frame. I love using this text path because it gave me extra room for my journaling. And to add an extra distressed but subtle look, I used Erica Hernandez' paper overlay (also new at Two Peas in a Bucket). I see using this again and again. It's very subtle and understated. I used it on the cream paper.


this is love: I love the coordinating solids to Michelle Underwood's Sunday Kind of Love - available at Two Peas in a Bucket. When I paper-scrap I tend to use a solid cardstock with pattern paper as accents so this suited my style well. I love how the accents pop against the darker solid paper. I also used Jen Martakis' Journal Shapes (heart) text paths for my journaling - all about my daughters' love for each other.

i love you: A simple layout about my family. I used Holly Jones' Romantic Love Frames (the bird on a branch) - available at Two Peas in A Bucket. I'm a sucker for birds so I couldn't resist. The original color didn't quite go with my photos so I changed the color. LAYER > LAYER STYLE > COLOR OVERLAY. Other Two Peas in a Bucket products used: Paper and scalloped border: Holiday Party by Brandy Buffington Brown ribbon: Cabanarama by Brandy Buffington Photo frames: Snapshot Flourish Frames by Rhonna Farrer Font: Two Peas Stopsign (title) Other: Rounded Birdie font by Audacious Designs

hybrid frames: I used Jen Martakis' Journal Shapes text paths available at Two Peas in a Bucket, to add some journaling to two 5x7 photos. Then I printed them out and put them in some Ikea "clip" frames and hung them in the hallway. Quick and easy hybrid projecT!

dare you: I used Erica Hernandez's Folded Paper Overlay to give the patterned paper - from Chelsea Parson's FREE kit, A Delightful Day - a folded/creased/distressed look. It adds a fun texture and can be used on any digital paper. I also used Jen Martakis' Journal Shapes text paths for the journaling. Fonts: Two Peas Stop Sign and AL Aunt Marie and Harting

lovebird: **This one was featured on the Two Peas Digi Newsletter :)
I loved Shimelle's Remember Page Template - new in the Two Peas in a Bucket shop this week - because it has room for multiple photos but still looks clean and uncluttered. Because it's a layered template, it was easy to alter the design slightly. I replaced the title with my own in a similar font. In two of the photo frames I added paper and some cute elements. Other products used (all from Two Peas in a Bucket): Heart and bird: Owl Always mini kit by Holly Brooke Jones' Background paper and blue paper: On Telly by Chelsea Parsons Grid paper: Grey Garden Spots by Chelsea Parsons Button: Baby It's Cold Outside by Michelle Underwood Font: Rockwell and CK Ali's Writing TFL!

2 comments:

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

Hi Cathy! I'm terrible for not keeping up with your blog - for some reason I can't subscribe to it via Google Reader!

Belated congrats on your DCT spot at 2 Peas! That's awesome - like the ULTIMATE honor! So proud of you and so awesome to "know" you way back when! :)

Can't believe Sofi is so big now and Zara is so beautiful!

Have a great weekend!
-Jo:)

Jamie said...

Love you too!